Monday, November 05, 2007

Another Google Use

Ok...so I wanted to join the live blogging, but have never done a fishbowl, so I was reluctant to do a fishbowl for the first time AND try live blogging. So I decided to try using Google Docs, but the spreadsheet. I used this format with my Creative Writing class in small groups as they were writing a multi-voice poem. It worked well in small groups and thought I would try it as a class.

What I love about the spreadsheet is the opportunity to have everyone responding at once without the document stalling. I also love that it provides a chat window on the side; I can prompt them to think further, explain more, etc. Plus they love being allowed to have a silly conversation while still doing serious work.

Here are the 2 classes and their thinking. These are the documents at the end of the hour. I had the questions at the top and they answered, read others' responses, agreed, disagreed, etc. Some did not finish, so they are adding to it before our next class. I am then, going to print out the page and give them a copy. We are going to hold a scored discussion on Friday to discuss even further their thoughts and find connections beyond the text.

1st hour
6th hour

Here's this year's wiki on Life of Pi.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Karl Fisch said...

Hey - we can't see the Google Spreadsheets because only those invited can see them. If you want to link to them, publish them, then link to that URL.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Davis said...

I fixed the links! (hopefully)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home