Thursday, October 27, 2005

Take 5--Just wondering...

As I sit at my computer scanning my Oedipus files and looking on the Internet for interesting activites, I wonder how you can be a constructivist teacher when you have to read a fairly boring play? Is this the time when we the teachers should derail from what the norm has been to teach and find new ways that do the same thing? What about when we need to teach things that are necessary, but not engaging? Coming up with a new "gimmick" to introduce Oedipus or engage them in the day's lesson is not all constructivism is, I know. So, where do I go from here?

1 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Karl Fisch said...

Okay, what is it about Oedipus that makes it "necessary?" You obviously are not enthused about teaching it, yet you are anyway, so there must be something important there. I would try to focus on whatever you think is the most important reason to teach oedipus, and then try to figure out a way to engage students around that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home