Monday, November 07, 2005

Take 5 -- WebQuests


Two weeks ago, I was searching for sites on constructivism and stumbled across a site that discussed constructivism and web quests. I fiddled around and started creating one. I finally finished my first WebQuest last week; I feel so proud to have finished it, but wow, what a task! What I realized when Randy Stall came was that to create a strong site, you needed higher level thinking questions, visual interest, a site that is easy to navigate, and one offers group activities as well as individual tasks. This took hours (over 15) to complete it, and I still need to provide a few more sites. What I did realize though, that this gave me an opportunity to really construct a lesson that challenged kids and made them analyze, assimulate, role play, and judge. I am excited to put the lesson into action with my freshmen...we'll see if my objective comes to fruition!

Here's the site: http://webquest.org/questgarden/lessons/06711-051029213801/

2 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger Karl Fisch said...

Can you post a link to your webquest for our class to see?

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Cara S. said...

Wow! Looks pretty good Michelle. That's awesome that you figured out how to do all of that on your own. I'm impressed.

I will be interested to hear how it goes with your students. My only experience with webquests was for seventh grade science, so my projects were much more direct and step-by-step. I've written that I'd like to see how they work at a higher level. Yours certainly challenges students to do that kind of thinking. Hopefully they will rise to the challenge!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home