Monday, December 19, 2005

Take 5--Letters to me regarding web quest

I am finally going through the formal letters the students wrote me discussing the web quest project. I have compiled some of the comments that I was excited reading:

"I thought the web quest was really fun...more fun than I thought...I now want to join a debate class!" Jordan Y.
"I not only learned a lot about my character from the web quest, but also about the civil rights movement and civil disobedience." Carley B.
"I think this activity was a good learning experience for the whole class. It gave us an opportunity to work together and debate against classmates, and had fun doing it! Definitely do it next semester." Josh P.
"You took a risk with a new form of lecturing and it turned out fun and interesting." Madison S.
"The web quest taught me to look at both sides of an argument...Thank you for giving us this opportunity." Brittany N.
On the web quest "you asked the question 'does standing still' create a society unwilling to change. This assignment helped me see that if people don't take a stand for what they believe in too used to things and become afraid of change." Nick B.
"Working on this assignment was a good learning experience for me because most classes I've taken didn't have very much hands-on activities or computer activities...and the fact that you made that page yourself was very impressive in my opinion because it was much more useful than I could have imagined." Aaron A.
"Very cool overall. Nice work, Mrs. Davis." Matt S.

I feel for the first go-around, this went very well. The students also gave me excellent suggestions for next year. I am definitely up for trying this again.

2 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Karl Fisch said...

Sounds like it was a big success, especially considering you sort of did it on the fly. I bet it will be even better next time with some experience under your belt - and some time to think about modifications.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Kristin L said...

It was excited to read those comments! I don't teach Inherit the Wind, but I'd like to check out the webquest anyway. Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home